The Law Office of Pat Hudspeth
Paddison “Pat” Hudspeth graduated from Manteo High School in 1997. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2001 and a law degree from UNC in 2004. In August of 2004, he joined the law firm of Aldridge, Seawell, Spence & Felthousen, LLP in Manteo as an associate attorney. In 2010, he was named a general partner of Aldridge, Seawell, Spence & Hudspeth, LLP. As both an associate attorney and partner, Pat handled a wide variety of legal matters, from divorce and child custody to criminal law, civil disputes in state court and federal court, as well as state and federal appeals. After twelve years as a member of a general practice firm and having found his niche as a litigator, Pat opened his own firm in February of 2017 in Kitty Hawk. His practice includes primarily family law and general civil litigation in Dare and Currituck Counties.
Pat is the Chairman of the Dare County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council, a member of the Southern Bank & Trust Co. Advisory Board, and Vice President of the Duck Woods Country Club Board of Directors. He is a former member of the Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. He has volunteered with Dare County Teen Court and as a basketball, t-ball, and soccer coach for Dare County Parks and Recreation and the YMCA.
Pat lives in Southern Shores with his wife and three young sons. He is an avid UNC fan. He enjoys exercising, surfing, and playing golf.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- General Civil Litigation
- North Carolina Bar Association
- First Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Dare County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council, Chair
- Southern Bank & Trust CO, Board of Advisors
- Duck Woods Country Club Board of Directors, Vice President
- Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce, Former Board Member
Find Our Office